January QOV Quiltalong

This is the quilt we’ll be making:

It will be 61″ x 81″ finished.  The fabric requirements . . kinda roughly are:

Ecru/Background – 3-1/2 yards (and several background fabrics could be used if you want to make it scrappy
Red – 3/4 yard
Navy – 1-1/2 yards
Binding – 5/8 yards

For the colored parts of the star blocks, we should be able to get at least 2 blocks out of a fat quarter.

Note:  The instructions will say “Make half square triangles and/or flying geese according to your preferred method.”  If you like to make yours oversized and trim them down to the perfect size, add a little more yardage for the Navy and Ecru/Background fabrics.

Monday morning . . very early so as not to be posted after the Design Wall link box, the first instructions will be posted.

Comments

Deb in Japan says

I think this will be perfect for my oldest grandson. I just wish we were starting it Saturday instead of Monday it will be next weekend before I can work on it.

Gina says

Thank you so much for sharing this and the Christmas Town Sampler as well. Can’t wait – just so excited to participate. Again, thank you.
    P.S. Look foward to and love reading your blog.

Went looking for fabric and found lots of solids that will work well. I’ll be changing the colors since I’m not a red white and blue kind of gal! I will be putting a bit of teal into mine, love teal. I’m looking forward to this, should be a lot of fun. 🙂

Vickie says

I am waiting 🙂 ……In the meantime I went to a friends house to sew today….made the beginings of a new Wallet!! Hopefully I will finish tomorrow !! What fun…still Waiting…..
    Thanks again for sharing this fun pattern……….Waiting…..

This is really pretty, Judy! I’d love to make it – but maybe a bit larger….? Do you mind when your followers do that, or do you prefer we make the exact size you’re teaching?

🙂

Dana Pellerin says

CTS I love itAll my building are different color so far. I just think the business district and town homes are just wonderfu. I added Christmas wreaths to my big doors and of course I added Santa going into one of chimineys and two reindeer to the roof. Thanks again fot this wonderful pattern