This is the waffle recipe from Vince’s friend, Steve. We’ve been using it and loving it for years. The secret is to beat the egg whites very stiff before adding them to the remaining ingredients.
2 cups flour
4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, separated
2 cups buttermilk
2 T. oil
1. Beat egg whites till stiff and set aside.
2. In mixer bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Stir in buttermilk, oil and egg yolks, stirring til blended but do not overbeat.
4. Stir in egg whites and mix well.
5. Pour into waffle pans and cook according to the directions for your waffle pans.