Today’s instructions are for the center of the star block. While cutting the colored fabric, if you’d like to cut everything at once, here’s what each block requires:
- Colored Fabric (where I have orange below) – 3 – 3″ squares
- Colored Fabric – 8 – 1-3/8″ x 5-1/2″ rectangles
- Colored Fabric/Background Fabric – 2 half square triangles made from background and colored fabric. These will be 3″ unfinished or 2-1/2″ finished
- Background Fabric – 4 – 1-3/4″ squares
- Background Fabric – 4 – 1-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ rectangles
- Flying Geese from Step 1 – 4
The instructions for making the center begin below:
There are 18 star blocks. The center of each block requires one colored 3″ (cut size) square.
To opposite sides of the center square, sew a flying geese unit.
For each star block, sew a 1-3/4″ background square to opposite ends of two flying geese units.
Sew these two units to the top and bottom of the center to complete the center star.
Make 18 of these sections.