Rolling Along Blocks are Done!

Yesterday I finished the blocks for my Rolling Along top and I love it!  But, I love all of the quilts I make!  🙂

I think my plan is to sew the blocks into rows and then pack it all up, with the border strips and stick it in the “Retreat” box and work on this at the retreat next month.  Sewing rows together and sewing borders on is pretty mindless .. I can do it and talk . . not that *I* will be talking much but, you never know . .

The border bundle is made.  The strips are all sewn together and cut the right sizes for the borders with the sides for border #1 on top, then the top and bottom borders for border #1, then the same for borders #2 and #3.  The binding is made so this one won’t be finished in  January but it will be finished, along with the February QOV by the end of February so I’ll stay on target for my 12 QOVs in 2012.

The next instructions for Rolling Along will be posted tomorrow.

Anyone get a QOV done in January?

Comments

I did put together one star last night, trimmed up my geese, but I did not get much more than that done. Still having a bit of trouble doing the math and getting it to work out. I @#$@##!! at math. I will devote some time to getting it worked out this weekend so I can concentrate on sewing it together.
    I think I will have learned a lot after this one.

I did!!! I thought I would never get done with the tiny squares and triangles in the 6 1/2″ blocks! I had to have 14 to set the other blocks together. It’s done, border and all. Just needs to be sandwiched and quilted. I will be handquilting this one. Hope to have it done before I’m in a resthome…..

Sarah says

Hi Judy,
    I have several yards of red, white and blue striped fabric, that I thought would work as a backing for a quilt for my son, unfortunately it didn’t. Any chance you would be able to use it for QOV? I would be delighted to mail it to you.

Sarah

Marilyn Smith says

Judy, it looks terrific.

Enjoy the kids this weekend. Bet you will be cooking up all Chad’s favorites!

Laceflower says

where are we to post our link for the January palette challenge?
    Love Speck, the farm dog, the pampered babykins!

• 7.1

Click on the palette challenge button and you should see the info. The link box for all projects/challenges are posted at the end of the month or on the first of the month, along with the next challenge.

Frieda Z says

I can’t decide which I like better for a layout. The way your EQ drawing is or the way you laid them out for this photo. Love the quilt though! 🙂

Karen Arnold says

Beautiful quilt!!! I’ve made 1 QOV and it’s at Alycia’s and I’m starting my Feb one tomorrow!!! Going to try to get a couple made ahead of schedule, when spring gets here I’m away from the machine for a couple of months.

Darlene S says

Love the way your quilt turned out. I haven’t started this one, but I did finish 2 Quilts of Valor quilts in January. They are all quilted, bound and labeled and ready to go to the next meeting in February. I will be posting pictures on my blog real soon. I’m going to keep up with you Judy and try to do 12 in 2012.

JoAn GODFREY says

Be careful with borders at a retreat….. i was putting borders on my husband’s quilt for christmas at a retreat. measured, and cut the borders. then folded the borders in half to find the middle, (both sides), and picked up my scissors and cut it in half instead of putting a pin in.
    luckily i had taken ALL my extra fabrics with me and had enough to cut the new sides.