February QOV

A few days into February and if you’re wanting a design to make for your February QOV, here’s one!   I still don’t have a name and no . . it is not going to be called Red Necks, White Socks and Blue Ribbon Beer!  :)   Other suggestions would be appreciated.

I’m working now on getting the blocks made to test the instructions and depending on how much sewing time I get in the next few days, I hope to start posting instructions next week.

As shown, it comes out to being about 62″ x 79″.  According to EQ, you will need the following amounts of fabric.  This does not include fabric for the binding.

Background – 2-1/4 yards
Red – 1-1/8 7ards
Gold – 1-1/4 yards
Light Blue -7/8 yards
Dark Blue – 2 yards

If you’re not making this for a QOV and want to make a larger version, what about this one?

This quilt has 7 borders, which is the number of borders I most often use to achieve the look I like.  It finishes at 78″ x 90″.  It could easily be made larger by adding more blocks.  I’ve given you a picture to go by . . if you want to make the quilt look like this, all the info you need to figure it out can be found in my newest book, 60 Pieced Quilt Borders.

Comments

Diana in TX says:

I love both! With all the borders and without. I think I beed to get the sewing machine going non-stop to keep up with you!

How about Sounds of Freedom? The golds really play well with the reds and blues. Sandi

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ says:

I love this – but then again, I love all your quilts. The second one with the borders is absolutely beautiful. The border makes this quilt really come to life.

What about “Service With Honor” for a name? Its colors are the same as the Navy and Marine’s medals for honorable and heroic service! :)

How about Badges of Honor? Judy you do an amazing job!

How about pinwheels squared. Very pretty.

Patricia L. says:

Since it has a Double Pinwheel block how about
    Double Pinwheel Salute.

LOVE the larger quilt! that border really balances the blocks.

How bout Shields of Valor, or Blue Cross Blue Shield…..I love them both and hope to get these made for my QOV challenge…if i can ever get to them…

Judy,
    Your new book just got to me…takes a while to travel to Alaska! It is so wonderful…I really love it…I think I’m going to reference it often.

The first name that came to me was “Military Brass”, but I dunno.

Carla in Ma says:

The first thing I thought of when looking at your wonderful quilt was a Ferris wheel.
    So How about Ferris Wheels or maybe As the Wheels Turn

Mel Meister says:

I kinda like the “Red Necks, White Sox and Blue Ribbon Beer”. It’s very American….

Sharon Spingler says:

I love the look of the second one but that’s an awful lot of HST’s.

• 15
      Judy Laquidara says:

If you’re talking about the pieced border, they’re flying geese. Same concept basically but still — geese instead of HSTs.

For some reason the quilt makes me think of my husband’s military ribbons.

Trina

I’m with Denise– I like “Service with Honor.”

i just love it and know how much work went into doing it. love your work

Wow, I thought the last one was the best you’d ever done but I don’t know…….this one’s right up there. you are so amazing with designs. Love it!

What about Thank You For My Freedom as a name. Whatever you come up with will be great!

Dorothy Schreyer says:

For a name how about Rings of Valour.

You ARE amazing, Judy – another gorgeous pattern. I like “Sounds of Freedom” that someone suggested.

This a gorgeous quilt. I was totally planning to take it on til I realized how many flying geese there are. I am so intimidated by them (always have been) that I think I’ll pass. I do love the blocks, though.

How about Rolling Pinwheels?

Jennifer Collard says:

How about The Golden treasure of Freedom? Or Possibly The American Treasure?

oh I like the American Treasure… and it looks like an American Dream :)

Deb in Japan says:

Love this pattern but it looks over my head. I think I will make a second January quilt for my QOV. It was easy but looked complicated. I think this time all of the squares will be red.

LadyBaltimore says:

It looks like sapphires, rubies and gold to me so how about “Jewel Box”.

HI

I really like this one too. I agree your designs are amazing. How about “Pinwheels for Freedom.”
    And what is QOV?

it does have a turning motion in it… how about “Turning Point to Victory”?? I also like the suggestion given by Denise “Service With Honor”

Love from Indiana! ~bonnie