February QOV

A few days into February and if you’re wanting a design to make for your February QOV, here’s one!   I still don’t have a name and no . . it is not going to be called Red Necks, White Socks and Blue Ribbon Beer!  :)   Other suggestions would be appreciated.

I’m working now on getting the blocks made to test the instructions and depending on how much sewing time I get in the next few days, I hope to start posting instructions next week.

As shown, it comes out to being about 62″ x 79″.  According to EQ, you will need the following amounts of fabric.  This does not include fabric for the binding.

Background – 2-1/4 yards
Red – 1-1/8 7ards
Gold – 1-1/4 yards
Light Blue -7/8 yards
Dark Blue – 2 yards

If you’re not making this for a QOV and want to make a larger version, what about this one?

This quilt has 7 borders, which is the number of borders I most often use to achieve the look I like.  It finishes at 78″ x 90″.  It could easily be made larger by adding more blocks.  I’ve given you a picture to go by . . if you want to make the quilt look like this, all the info you need to figure it out can be found in my newest book, 60 Pieced Quilt Borders.

Diana in TX says

I love both! With all the borders and without. I think I beed to get the sewing machine going non-stop to keep up with you!

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ says

I love this – but then again, I love all your quilts. The second one with the borders is absolutely beautiful. The border makes this quilt really come to life.

What about “Service With Honor” for a name? Its colors are the same as the Navy and Marine’s medals for honorable and heroic service! :)

How bout Shields of Valor, or Blue Cross Blue Shield…..I love them both and hope to get these made for my QOV challenge…if i can ever get to them…

Carla in Ma says

The first thing I thought of when looking at your wonderful quilt was a Ferris wheel.
    So How about Ferris Wheels or maybe As the Wheels Turn

Mel Meister says

I kinda like the “Red Necks, White Sox and Blue Ribbon Beer”. It’s very American….

• 14.1

Judy Laquidara says

If you’re talking about the pieced border, they’re flying geese. Same concept basically but still — geese instead of HSTs.

Donna says

Wow, I thought the last one was the best you’d ever done but I don’t know…….this one’s right up there. you are so amazing with designs. Love it!

What about Thank You For My Freedom as a name. Whatever you come up with will be great!

peggy says

This a gorgeous quilt. I was totally planning to take it on til I realized how many flying geese there are. I am so intimidated by them (always have been) that I think I’ll pass. I do love the blocks, though.

Deb in Japan says

Love this pattern but it looks over my head. I think I will make a second January quilt for my QOV. It was easy but looked complicated. I think this time all of the squares will be red.

it does have a turning motion in it… how about “Turning Point to Victory”?? I also like the suggestion given by Denise “Service With Honor”

Love from Indiana! ~bonnie