Edited to add the name of the pattern, which I meant to include and forgot! It’s Twisted Celtic Cable Sock.
Not a pair but just one sock!
While I wouldn’t say this pattern is “hard”, it’s definitely given me a bit of a problem, but it’s all been my own fault. The instructions are for using two circular needles and I used four DPNs. That wasn’t a big change but did require me to think a couple of times. I started these the day or a couple of days before my finger surgery. I should not have worked on them on the evening of the surgery because I made a mistake. One of the back cables was knitted as a front facing cable and I didn’t see it til I was almost to the point of working on the heel. I tried to rip back but then realized that a lot of the knitting didn’t have uniform tension because I was doing it awkwardly to avoid touching my finger, so I ripped it completely out and started over! And, I used Lorna’s Laces yarn, which I love, but it takes forever to make any progress because it’s such a fine yarn.
These socks are going to be for a gift and once I finish the second sock, I’ll decide if they’re really going to be a gift or if I’m going to make a different pair. Since I still can’t use the finger, the tension isn’t perfect — not bad but not perfect.