Progress Report – 030312

The top from the Deep in the Heart of Texas fabric is done!  I finished it a few hours ago but then rushed back to the house to fix juice (carrots, ginger and pears — it was good!), get clean sheets on the bed, do a final kitchen clean up . . and finally, I have time to get the picture posted.

Vince came over to look at the quilt and said “I want one!” so I guess I have another one to make.  Thanks for your help with the borders!

Comments

It looks fabulous Judy – where do you get your energy – must be the new diet – must do that one day!! I am pleased I cut a bit of fabric for a mystery quilt and decided on colours for bits of that quilt and finished a biggish lap quilt! And started to reverse sew my new york beauty quilt – which just needs a bit of tweaking. Your quilts are lovely sigh….

Jennifer says:

Maybe he could make one for himself after he finishes the other one he was going to make! Lol!

Great quilt, Judy! I do think that you and Vince need to have one of these.

oThis simple, graphic setting is the perfect combination with the Texas fabrics. I bet it will still be fun to do when you begin to work on the second one!

Cathy Stoddard says:

Very nice quilt Judy! I declare, the energizer bunny has nothing on you girl! The juice sounds fantastic. What kind of juicer do you have? I have wanted to get one but know nothing about them.

Sandra Clarke says:

Judy, This quilt is so beautiful!!! You do wonderful work. Keep inspiring us.

Wow! That fabric makes up to a spectacular quilt – sure to bring in a fair price at the auction. Great job! I agree, Vince does need one of his own.

Lynne in Hawaii says:

Geeezz! Didn’t you just finish a quilt for Vince? Your Texas quilt is gorgeous! OK! I guess he does deserve a Texas quilt….he is a keeper after all.

Debbie R. says:

Neat!

I like the direction you chose for the border print.

Roberta says:

Don’t blame Vince, neat quilt!!!!!!!!!!!!
    AND you go back to the quilt store for more fabric. ;-)
    Hugs!!!

Judy what juicer do you use??? Thanks

Looks fantastic………..borders out was the way to go!

Donna in KS says:

If you make another, I suggest you add another strip of the TX blocks; a little bigger for the two of you to cuddle! It would be sooooo nice! I hope this quilt raises many bucks; it should.

It turned out great!

Roberta says:

What size are the blocks in this quilt??? It’s the perfect size for our bed and I do have some fabric with squares so might just have to make one for me but won’t be a Texas quilt.
    Hugs!!!!

Judy in Michigan says:

Love, love this quilt and I’m not even from Texas!! It will bring in lots of $$ in the raffle. Thank you for your generosity!!

Becky in VA says:

Looks great!

Love it. Love it. Love it! I want one toooo. I’m standing in line after Vince. LOL

Great Texas quilt, Judy.

vickie van dyken says:

I have only one comment to make :-) I ‘m saying that if Texas does not have an official state quilt…….well I’m thinking this out to be it !!! Now can anyone upload the quilt to the legislature, or newspaper or TV station in Texas….This quilt is a winner and well I really think it ought to be made official!!! Great job, great quilt…..I bet you raise a ton of money at the auction… maybe Rick Perry should buy it!!! What do ya all think ????

Kristin says:

Awesome! It looks fantastic and you never cease to amaze me at how productive you are.

I love this quilt! It almost makes me want to move to Texas. But on the other hand, maybe I will look for some Missouri fabric!

Oh wow…there it is finished…it’s great! Love the border print!

Great looking quilt, Judy!