This morning when I had the TV on, I saw a banner that said “28 Weeks til Election Day”. How can that be? Didn’t it seem like just yesterday we were bombarded with all the politics of the last presidential election? And, after we have the election of November, 2012, it won’t be any time at all til time for the election of 2016. Time truly flies.
That got me to thinking . . with time going by so quickly, what are some things I really want to get done so I made myself a spreadsheet of 28 things I want to get done before the election of 2016. There’s no rhyme or reason or order as to my list but one thing for sure . . I want to get a whole lot of things done during the rest of my life and I don’t want to look back some day and say “I wish I’d done that” or “I wish I’d done more”. If I don’t get everything done, that’s ok . . at least I tried. I know I’ll get more done than I would have gotten done without this list.
Of course, this isn’t an exclusive list and I may add to it so that I have more than 28 items by the time 2016 rolls around but here’s what I’ve come up with:
- Lose 28 Pounds (and keep it off)
- Knit 28 Pairs of Socks for Me
- Knit 28 Pairs of Socks for Gifts
- Try 28 New Sock Patterns
- Donate 28 Articles of Clothing
- Donate 28 Books We No Longer Need
- Donate 28 Quilts
- Share 28 Quilt Patterns
- Use a Net of 280 Yards of Fabric for per year
- Plant 28 Trees
- Send Chad 28 Surprises – Little things he isn’t expecting but will appreciate.
- Put up 28 Bird Houses/Bird Feeders
- Read 28 Fiction Books
- Read 28 Non-Fiction Books
- Share 28 Good Recipes
- Grow 28 Herbs or Veggies I’ve Never Grown Before
- Create 28 Tutorials on the Blog
- Watch 28 Movies with Vince – He loves watching movies and I detest it.
- Make 28 Aprons – I love aprons and never make them, though I do have some patterns.
- Do 28 Random Acts of Kindness
- Make 28 Donations to Causes I Care About
- Make 28 Knitted Items Other Than Socks
- Write 28 Letters or Emails Commending Someone
- Go to the Car Wash 28 Times – Vince is always complaining about how dirty the cars get. It never rains here and that’s how my cars always got washed before moving here.
- Completely Use 28 Bath & Body Works Items in This House – I buy so much of that stuff and hardly lever use it . . just keep buying more and more.
- Cook 28 Foods We’ve Never Tried – We’re pretty brave when it comes to trying new foods but I’m sure we can find 28 items to try.
- Drink 28 Bottles of Wine – This could mean simply emptying 28 bottles of wine. We have so much wine and we so rarely drink it. I much prefer Dr. Pepper. Someone has to use this wine though!
- Finish Off 28 Cones of Thread Before Buying Any More Thread – Pretty self-explanatory . . I’m a thread junkie too!
Anyone else keep a similar list? Want to join me with a “28 Things” list?
I’ll keep you posted on my progress.