Mechanic’s Quilt Finished

Too bad the socks for his wife aren’t finished! Yesterday a friend asked me to do a blog post about how I do the binding, which meant I had to do some binding so I chose this quilt.

This could be my first finish for 2012.  I can’t remember if I finished anything or not but I think I didn’t.  Lots of tops have been made, several tops have been quilted but the stack of “almost done” quilts is getting pretty tall.

Binding tutorial will be posted this evening . . if it rains!  If it doesn’t rain, I’ll try to get the tutorial done on Tuesday. Why does the rain matter?  Because if it rains, I don’t have to water the garden and will have an extra hour or so.

Ok that quilt is gorgeous and yes Texas is perfect for you because the setting to take pictures of your quilt just enhances them! Just so darn pretty! Should be in a country magazine!!!

vickie van dyken says

Really came out beautiful!! Of Course :). You keep a tight schedule!! I tried that not sitting down thing…I got Vertigo!!! LOL …I really did, but that is because I am always getting something. I get tired of that but whatta ya gonna do?? I don’t have insurance soooo when and if I get it…I am guessing I will never get sick again!!!!!
    Happy sunny here Monday.

Sue in Scottsdale, AZ says

This quilt is beautiful. I love the colors and the pattern. Your setting for the picture is perfect.

bettina walia says

lovely looking quilt….the colors match so nicely….im sure the recipients will appreciate your gift of kindness.

CindyM says

Very nice! It looks so crisp — as do most of your quilts. At first I thought it was custom quilting, then I enlarged it and could see the overall pattern. But especially in the white (cream) areas, it looks like a custom design. Very cool.

Barb in MI/FL says

Gorgeous… looks very masculine! I’m sure he’ll be most appreciative.

Barb in MI/FL

peggy says

I have been fighting with a binding, so I can’t wait to hear what you have to say. I still have another quilt to do right away. How fortunate you’ll be posting soon.

The quilt looks great and I see that you used your “favorite” panto on it too.:) Really sets it off. The colors are very pleasing for a man or anyone for that matter. I like it a lot.

Rosalie says

It is so true about how long it takes to water the garden! God does it so much more efficiently – almost 2 inches here since last night! Great sewing weather.

Doe in Mi says

Wow, I am so impressed with this quilt. When I first read about it and seen the drawing and colors you had picked I didn’t think I’d like it that well. But it is absolutely stunning.