All my seeds are ready for the fall garden except the tomato seeds which should be here tomorrow, though I should have already had them planted in their little cups so I can transplant them in July.
I probably have way more seeds than I’ll need but most of these seeds are packaged for the 2013 growing season so what I don’t use this fall, I can use next year.
Things like lettuce . . we pick what we need each day and then replant it several times during the season. The mesclun mix only takes 30 days to maturity and the lettuce takes 50. I can plant those on August 1 and it should be at least 4 months til our first frost.
- Lettuce (2)
- Mesclun mix (4)
- Arugula (2)
- Kale (1) (definitely need another package of that!)
- Cabbage (5) (they’re all different)
- Zucchini (1)
- Swiss Chard (1)
- Kohlrabi (1)
- Radicchio (1)
- Carrots (2)
- Mustard Greens (2)
- Sweet Peas (7) (Can you tell these are my favorite?)
- Spinach . . do not ask me why when I type I get a devil? But there are six packs of spinach – another one we’ll harvest and replant as long as we can.
- Lima Beans (2)
- Green Beans (4)
- Dragon Tongue Beans (2) (Don’t know anything about these)
- Turnip (2)
- Eggplant (1)
- Cauliflower (2)
- Beets (2)
Honey, we may need to expand the garden!