Dinner Tonight

Some evenings when the whole day has been spent going at warp speed, it’s nice to have an easy dinner!  Tonight was one of those nights.

IMG_1253

It started with baking flour tortillas in the little shell makers.  I love using these because they don’t to be fried.  Corn tortillas can be used too and they get crispier but I prefer the flour tortillas.  Ground beef was cooked with taco seasoning.  Lettuce was shredded.  CucumbIMG_1254ers were peeled and chopped.  Tomatoes were peeled and chopped. Black olives were sliced.  On the table went sour cream and homemade salsa.  I wish I’d had avocados to make guacamole but I didn’t have that so we made do with what we had.

The shells were stuffed full of all the goodies and it was a nice, fairly light, summer dinner.

IMG_1259

And then there was a bit of time for knitting . . not much time but if I can get in half an hour each evening, I’m happy.

Comments

mmmm, looks good! I made stuffed green peppers tonight with chorizo, salsa, spanish rice in the filling. YUM!

This is probably a stupid question, but where did you find the tortilla shell makers? I would love to not have to buy the ones in the store that are so greasy.

I want tp know too where the tortilla shell cooker came from. Do you have to grease it before baking the shells?
    That looks so yummy.

Patricia says

Oh yeah…I would like to know about where to purchase the tortilla bakers too. I do Weight Watchers faithfully and think they just might fit in very well.

pdudgeon says

add me too! my daughter has a brithday comming up and those would be right up her alley!
    I’ll bet they would work as jell-o molds for Summer salads as well.

Cheryl M says

Judy I was wondering how you baked your shells. I made the shells the other night and they came out sort of soft and chewy.

Eve in GA says

Dinner looks wonderful, Judy! I so, so wish I could get Don to eat “lighter” meals during these warmer months. I really need to get the pounds off.

On another note, I’ve been searching for a great recipe for fresh pesto. You wouldn’t happen to have one, would you? Eve

margo says

I love your tortilla bowl maker because the bowls are connected together with a handle. I have never seen a tortilla maker like this one; usually they are sold in sets of four (not connected.) Please share with us where you purchased it. Thank you, Margo

margo says

oops – I just looked at the photo again, with my glasses ON!!! There isn’t a handle . . . sorry for the bother. :0)

Mona says

YUM. We have been getting Mission Artisan Corn and Whole Wheat Blend Tortillas at HEB. They seem to be the perfect combination of the two flours and are easy to shape and eat :). Just sayin’.

Cher says

The shells look ljke a neat idea, the bowls that we buy here are always broken in the package. Interested on where to buy the shell maker also….

patti says

the day after i read this blog i saw an interesting “take” on the same idea. you don’t need the bowl shapes, you just turn your muffin tin upside down and press the tortillas in the depressions and the bulging muffin cups help you align the tortillas so that they curve in and out to make the “cup” shape. i think it said to spray the muffin pan with oil and heat at 350 for 10 minutes or so. i’m going to give it a try!