Log Cabin QOV Finished

This will be mailed to Alycia as soon as I finish a couple more to send with it.  This one is 60″ x 86″ and I hope brings comfort to an injured hero and helps them to know how much their sacrifices are appreciated.

There’s something about it that leaves me feeling a bit uneasy but I think it’s because I knew those log cabin blocks started out to be a log cabin quilt and somehow lost their way.  I love the movement in the borders and the Square Spiral panto by Keryn Emmerson is just perfect.  Obviously, I think that panto is perfect for every quilt.  Some day someone is going to sneak into my sewing room and confiscate my Square Spiral.  They’ll just have to take the longarm too because there’s no use in me having a longarm if I don’t have my favorite panto!  :)

This quilt still needs to be washed but I’ll wait til right before I’m ready to mail it.

Comments

Vivian Oaks says

Love the Log Cabin QOV!!! Just gorgeous!! Very envious of your work ethic…I always seem to have an excuse, and never seem to finish things. Gotta change that!!! Thanks for the motivation.

kathy says

Very pretty – I think a soldier will love it, and the Square Spiral quilting is just right for that quilt.

Great quilt – and panto! Which size square spiral are you using? 6 inch? Ever since I have seen it on your beautiful quilts, I have been eyeing it, but thought it may be too big for a short-arm machine.

Helen says

Maybe when the panto is confiscated it will end up at my house.

I love the quilt, repurposed maybe but then that’s the premise of so many shows on HGTV. Fabulous quilt, Judy!

LoriKC says

Beautiful! If you asked me to create a quilt that exemplifies my taste I would make one just like this!. Love it!

Kathy Alden says

What a georgous quilt and fit for any soldier! Thank you for supporting our troops! My son is in the Army and I appreciate all they do to protect our freedom and all Quilts of Valor do for our injured! You are to be commended, Judy!

Sharon says

I love your patterns and I love this Wayward Log Cabin quilt.
    Are these borders in your newest book? Does the book help you figure out the math for any length and width borders?
    Also, thanks for sharing some free patterns. I haven’t had time to make any but I especially look forward to making a few of the Carpenters Star. I love that the pieces are large so that it would be quick to put together as gifts. I also like your new Sing a Happy Song and I really look forward to making that one too.

• 13.1

These borders are not in the book but there is a page in the book that describes how to do a few simple math steps and get your borders to fit. There’s also a worksheet you can use.

Gorgeous! The lovely quilting design is a perfect match for the quilt, too. A soldier will certainly know s/he is appreciated covered with this quilt.

No uneasy feelings here, because that seems like the most perfect use of log cabin blocks! Beautiful and very uplifting to the one who receives it, I know.

Judy, if someone makes off with your favorite panto — l’ll let you borrow mine. I bought it after seeing some of your quilts a few years back, and I too love it! Your QOV is wonderful. I may have to “borrow” the idea and make a similar one. I just finished my Tiled Star top but haven’t gotten it quilted yet. We are getting ready to quilt our 1,000th QOV quilt in our local group. We are hoping to finish it before the year ends. It will be hand quilted by the group of 100+ ladies.– each taking a turn for a few hours so everyone can say they worked on it. Thanks for all you do for our troops.

The panto looks great as always. As with all your quilts it has a lot of interest in the borders but I think if anything is a little off about this quilt for me it’s that the center seems overwhelmed a little by the borders.

Keryn says

Square Spiral does seem to fit the piecing perfectly. I’m glad that panto helps you finish so many quilts for a good cause. If someone steals your copy I’ll send you another; I should rename it ‘Judy’s Square Spiral’.

Liz N says

You have an amazing eye for design…….you’ve taken simple shapes and created a quilt with WOW factor and that panto makes it all pop!

I love this panto and will check on ordering it right now been looking for something like this that looks like cross hatching. Do you know of any others that look similar to this?
    Paula in KY

Oh wow, Judy! That’s stunning! I love the whole design! I know it will be treasured by the soldier or Marine who receives it! Just beautiful!