A Sweet Chicken Story

Wednesday night I fixed kale and I saved the stems and some grungy looking kale for the chickens.  When I went out Thursday morning to let them out, Roscoe was already down out of his tree and he was waiting near the back left side of the run for the hens to come out.  I threw one full stem of kale out to Roscoe, then I walked around to the front right side of the run, opened the gate and dumped the kale inside the run.  Then I went back to the back left side of the run, where Roscoe was waiting, and let the chickens out of the coop.  I looked just as Roscoe was passing his piece of kale through the fence to Miss Hattie.  All the other hens were trying to take it from her and then they noticed a whole pile of kale on the opposite side of the run.

If I hadn’t seen it, I would not believe it — Roscoe gave his piece of kale to Miss Hattie.  It must be true love!

Comments

That is precious! (Anne C.)

Debi McIntosh says:

how lovely!

Dawn-Marie says:

That just made my night. I needed to hear a story like that today.

There you go! People could learn a lot from your chickens. Chivalry is not dead! :)

Micki clemens says:

Sweet story! Who would have thought?!?

Carol Morgan says:

True Love for real

That was very sweet! I have to say i thought you were going to post a sweet Chicken recipe…. i know gross person.

Seriously? MMMMM

That is amazine!

Amazing, not amazine lol. Go Roscoe!

Aaaaahhhh…that is sooo sweet. he can never be dinner. LOL

Awwww, how sweet! I had no idea chickens were that kind to each other. A heartwarming story, thanks, Judy!

Helen Koenig1 says:

Oh how sweet!

Definitely an awwww! story. =)

Cindy from CA says:

A good rooster will offer his ladies treats and will call them over so that he can share. He will also watch out for predators and send the alarm.
    Roscoe is obviously a good rooster!

Maria do Carmo says:

Atencioso este rapaz…

All sounds very endearing and maybe his intentions were good. But like any other male-he probly wanted something!!

I think you should knit Roscoe a manly sweater – I really hope this link shares – When I saw these pictures I immediately thought of you – you have chickens and knit – of course, I wouldn’t use your best sock yarn for them ….. http://www.buzzfeed.com/babymantis/20-pictures-of-chickens-wearing-sweaters-1opu

Barb Colvin says:

What a pair! I love the updates.

True checken love! <3