Quiltmaker – Jan/Feb Issue

In the January/February issue of Quiltmaker, which is out now . .

. . . has a quilt designed and made by me!  Dawn and Dusk!  In neutrals.  Imagine that! :)

It’s a big quilt .  . 91″ x 91″.

As always, this issue of Quiltmaker is a great one and you’ll want to get one for yourself if you don’t have a subscription.

Now you know that sometimes when I go for weeks and weeks with nothing new on my design wall, I’m really sewing and getting a lot done but I just can’t always show you.

Comments

Love that quilt! I am going to rush right out and get that magazine. By the way, I was looking thru a 2007 Quilter Magazine the other day and found your Topsy Turvy Nine-Patch quilt. This one is definitely on my to-do list! Debbie in WV

Anne C. says

I’ve flipped through this magazine twice since it arrived in the mail and even thought that your photo looked familiar, but I never noticed your name printed in that little box.

Love how the four patches in “block y” create a trellis-like effect across the diagonal. Beautiful quilt!

Connie in Louisiana says

Love your quilt; it’s beautiful. I really like the neutral colors also. This would be a great quilt to give as a gift to a man. Just love it.

Connie in Louisiana

Micki clemens says

I also love the border with the triangles. Wish I had thought of it. And yes, I have been wondering why you haven’t talked about quilting. Good to see why!

A neutral quilt! How about that! I like it. Finally, I am ready Judy. I bought sock yarn and two (really small) circular needles on-line. I already have the circ sock book. I learned to knit at age 8 but aside from new-baby things, haven’t done much. I love to quilt and I am hoping to love sock knitting. Thanks to you!

Diane says

Way cool! I have the magazine but haven’t had time to sit and look at it yet. I love the quilt! As a matter of fact it might just be the answer to my prayer! I have a wedding quilt that must be finished by mid June and they want it big enough to work on both a queen bed and later a king size. Thanks!

Cindy Stowe says

I thought that picture looked familiar yesterday when I got the magazine! Didn’t read who it was til I got your blog post! I liked the pattern, but will probably change it to a blue instead of brown.

barbara says

i knew your face right away. you can run, but you just can’t hide. i’m more of a color-quilt girl, and this is a great pattern for brights or batiks.

Erin says

I love the entire quilt! So stinkin awesome! I am buying the magazine and that quilt is one I am making for my bed!

Cathy vonJess says

Beautiful, Judy! I got my copy of QMaker in the mail, yesterday, and went straight to your spread. Looking good!
    Thanks for all you share.

Rosalie says

I saw this a few days ago when my issue came in and I thought…..Judy and neutrals?? It is a very interesting design and love the border…but mine would be very bright. Congratulations!

Wow Judy! That is stunning! I don’t subscribe to Quiltmaker. Well, let me rephrase that…I DIDN”T. I sure do now! I am off to see what I’ve got enough of that’ll work in this. You may have converted me to a digital gal because now I don’t have to wait for it to show up in the mailbox!