Sad News – Roscoe

The first sound I hear when I awake each morning is little Roscoe crowing.  I hadn’t even though about not hearing him til I went out to let the chickens out and discovered LOTS of white feathers in the chicken run.  About dusk every evening, Roscoe would fly up into a tree just over the chicken run and as soon as it got daylight, he would fly down to the ground but this morning . . only feathers and no Roscoe.

It was probably an owl.  I’m wondering is Miss Hattie is going to notice he’s gone.  The red pecking chicken, Sally, sleeps out too but she’s still here this morning.

Yes, I cried a few tears over losing Roscoe.  I will miss my beautiful, sweet rooster.

Roscoe

Comments

Ardelia Williams says:

RIP Roscoe. You were a good rooster.

I’m so sorry Judy.

Oh I am so sorry…..

Ohhh, I’m so sorry. We will all miss Roscoe.

I’m so sorry to hear your sad news, Judy. Your blog-readers will miss all those amusing Roscoe stories.

((((Hugs)))) so sorry Judy

Mary in VA says:

I am so sorry to hear about Roscoe. I know he was a favorite. I always enjoyed hearing about his antics. Maybe now Ms. Hattie will decide to stay safe at home in the run.

So sorry to hear this ,Judy.
    In my experience with chicken predators, they will keep coming back. Double check your pens for any little opening where something can get in ….try to convince everyone to stay inside!

that is so sad…poor Roscoe. he should have stayed in the pen and stayed safe. you just can’t tell those men anything. LOL

I’m so sorry to hear this. I loved hearing about him and Ms. Hattie adventures.
    wanda

So sorry, Judy,
    He was so beautiful. Hope the hens don’t miss him too much.
    Judy Hansen

Oh no! I’m so sorry to hear that. We let ours roost in the trees as well, always a risk I know. :(

So sorry about your Roscoe. I will miss your stories about him.

The predator will return…easy pickings. Sorry about Roscoe

Myra McFarland says:

So sorry about the loss of Rosco. I had Bantam roosters as pets when I was a child and love to read your chicken stories.

It’s hard to loose a pet…and such a pretty bird. I”ll miss the Roscoe stories. Kind of hope the chicken snatcher chokes on his snack…..

Mary Carter says:

I’m sorry to hear this. I will miss his adventures. I wonder what made him decide to roost in the tree. I had chickens as a child but they were not pets nor did they have names. I now know what I missed.

So sorry about Roscoe. We used to have owls that would pick off the chicks when I was a kid. I’ll miss hearing about his adventures, it always reminded me of home.

I’m so sorry about Roscoe. I loved hearing about him, all your followers will miss him. Godspeed Roscoe, you were a good Rooster.

Susie Reardon says:

I am so sorry Judy. We all loved Roscoe and enjoyed his stories. RIP Roscoe.

Sandra Neel Hutchins says:

It can be said of Roscoe, “Live hard, die young, and leave a beautiful memory.” RIP little man.

This makes me sad.

I am so sorry to hear about Roscoe. As others have said, I loved hearing about his escapades. I hope all your other chickens can stay safe.

RIP Roscoe

Oh no! I feel bad for you and Ms. Hattie as well as Roscoe.

Helen Keonig1 says:

I’m so sorry to hear this. I know we will all miss hearing your stories about him. How is Miss Hattie doing?

Judy, I’m sorry to read about Roscoe. How do hens react to the introduction of a new rooster? [I don't know anything about chicken-raising.]

Sorry to hear this sad news. It hurts when a pet goes.

Robin Crittenden says:

I am so sad to hear this news. I will miss hearing about his escapades. He was a beautiful rooster. I know you will miss him.

Bobbie Whittington says:

I will miss Roscoe stories. RIP Roscoe.

:~( Sad for you, sad for Miss Hattie.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Sad news. Saying a prayer for you.

Oh so sorry. Roscoe has always reminded me of a character in a children’s story… So much personality and most dashing! Perhaps one of your chicks might be his? Hopefully, one will grow up to like his Pappy.

Debbie Rhodes says:

I will miss your stories about the little guy,. blessings…

Donna in KS says:

Sad to read this news. I will miss him. Yeah, having raised three males, sometimes they just don’t do what we tell them is best for them!

I’m so sad but I’m so glad that I was able to visit with Roscoe and see how beautiful he was in person.

Yikes! Poor Roscoe! I’m sure his ladies will miss him.

That is so sad – sorry for your loss. I know you loved Roscoe.

sao in Midlothian, VA

Sad news….he had a short but adventurous life. Know that you will miss him and his crowing.

Oh I am so sorry to hear that sad news.

Good bye Roscoe

the blog wont be the same without you

So very sad, Judy. I will miss his antics.

so sorry Judy about Roscoe, will miss hearing about his stories with Miss Hattie.

Oh, Judy,

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. It feels to me that it is the same as if I’d lost one of my cats. I will miss reading of Roscoe. I can. only think that his passing was quick or else you would have heard him. Hopefully you will have only wonderful memories. Best of luck with the Roscoe babies. Maybe each of them could have Roscoe as a middle name in his memory!

Suzy from Ontario says:

Oh poor Roscoe! I’m going to miss hearing about his love affair with Miss Hattie. He was such a sweet little guy, sharing his kale and following his love around. What a character he was! :-(

So sorry about Roscoe, Judy. He was one handsome rooster. I loved your Hattie and Roscoe stories.

So sorry to know about Roscoe! May his soul rest in peace.
    I will miss reading about him.

Roscoe must have fought valiantly as evidenced by all the feathers laying in the run. He was truly “cock of the walk.” I will miss him too.

Roscoe will be missed greatly…his antics have been so much fun to keep up with!

Joanne Caglione says:

Sorry Judy – We do get attached to our chickens:-(
    Jo

Pam Gonzalez says:

I’m so sorry about ROSCOE. I LOVED HEARING ABOUT HIS ADVENTURES. He’s having more adventures way up above us now. RIP.

So sorry to hear about your loss of Roscoe! I loved the stories about him. Also love the way he strutted his handsome stuff!
    Joanna

I, too, loved that rooster!