Playing With EQ

When I take a break from sewing, or while waiting for water to boil while cooking, or while waiting for the dryer to go off so I can fold the clothes, I’m always doodling in EQ.  Often, the designs just get left behind and don’t amount to anything but sometimes, there’s one that I feel has potential and I keep working with it.  I’ve had this design up on my screen while I’ve been finishing the binding on Margie’s quilt.

Or, this one.

The blocks seem happy . . maybe it’s the colors or that Triple Stripe block that seems so fun.  I think I might want to make one of these.

This, my friends, is how additional UFOs happen when I’m supposed to be finishing projects!

Comments

I love the on-point version!

lynne quinsland says:

love them both! would love to see them fleshed out into a sew along. so far i have played with it seems hundreds of pantos looking for one that i wanted to use. got backing and batting prepared and finally just finished loading a quilt so am ready to quilt right after i get some lunch! doesnt seem like much for spending a whole morning on it….whew! i am hoping to have it off the machine before dinner. we might be eating at midnight though LOL

If we are voting, I vote #2 in red. Very pretty. Is there such a thing as too many UFO’s? I stay around 4-5.

Oh I love v.1. I don’t tend to like uniform quilts, but this one stuck my fancy. I would even like doing this. I don’t have EQ so it’s not going to happen. Oh well

Mary in VA says:

I like version 1. The border really sets off the blocks. Now are we supposed to be telling you NOT to do this quilt? I don’t think that is likely to happen – you might as well conspirators in the UFO collecting…

Irene in NC says:

I used to play with EQ (an older version), but now I have an Apple (MAC) and I have not found a good program…any recommendations, anyone ?

Linddylou says:

I really like the one done in blue. Almost looks like it’s on point. And do scrappy…

I like both of them. I can see why you think you would like to do one.

Both quilts look Happy, happy,happy as the Dad on Duck Dynasty would say! That’s what came to my mind when I saw them.. Happy,happy,happy.

Please make instructions for the blue one for us! Please please please! I like how it looks on point but isn’t.

I like both of them! They do look really cheerful.

I like both of these, but if I had to vote on only one I would choose #1. Beautiful.

I love both of them! Definitely crazy about the fun, happy colors!

casting my vote for number 1–I LOVE IT!

#2 is my vote!

Helen Koenig1 says:

I love both of them – would love to make both!

i like that first one….it looks like little fish in between the blocks. cute.

Sherry Moran says:

I prefer version #1 – maybe ’cause it’s red, but I love it! Would really like the instructions, hint, hint.

I just got EQ for Christmas. How on earth do you decide – I look at all the patterns there and just get lost.

Diane in CA says:

Love them both.. very cheery. But I like the corners on the left side more than the right side on #2.

MMMmmmmm … love both of them! I think #1 seems happier to me because of the fish swimming in all directions. ;-)

Happy is exactly the right word to use to describe these quilts! Happy is how I felt the minute
    I saw the first photo. Love them both!

Brandy M. says:

I especially love the top design – the one with the red borders. I like how the border triangle sets don’t go along the entire length of the side they’re on, so the pattern really looks like it “flows” better. Very nice!

I have EQ, and can’t, for the life of me, figure out how to even draw up a square, never mind an entire “block design.” I need to find an online class or something!! I have a quilt that I really NEED EQ for, and would like to get back to work on it ~ but not till I know what I”m doing with the color placement. I guess that helps, huh? LOL

Can’t wait to see your finished quilt(s) if you make this/these up, Judy!

BLM :)

Jennifer W says:

I haven’t looked at the other comments yet, just so I won’t be biased. I really like the top one. The 2nd one almost makes my eyes hurt with all the stripes touching. Love the red.

I have EQ7 but cannot figure out how to do much of anything in it. That would make a good new year’s resolution to learn it!

EagleKnits says:

I like them both, but #1 is my favorite. It just makes me happy when I look at it!

I usually love to set blocks on point but I think the first one is more eyecatching. Very nice pattern. Dana

Oh I LOVE the 1st one. I will be keeping my eye out for this one! I feel another UFO coming on!