Capper’s Farmer Magazine

It isn’t real often that I’m totally enamored with a non-quilting magazine.  There are quite a few that I like and will pick up when I see them IF they have several articles that excite me.  But, today I received the Sprin, 2013 issue of Capper’s Farmer magazine.

This is the first time I’ve seen this magazine, which is published by the same folks who publish Grit, which I also like.

Articles in this issue include Living Off the Land, Savory Pies, Woodstove Cookery and . . there’s an article in this issue by me.

For those of you who like living in the country, or would like to live in the country, I think you would LOVE this magazine.

Comments

Diane says

I have never seen this magazine before. What is your article about? I will have to call around and see if I can locate one. Pretty cool stuff!!

Rose says

A magazine that we wouldn’t get here in NZ, and it looks like a good read! Like Diane, I too am curious as to what your article says … and given your blog is a ‘must read’ every day for me, I have no doubt youir article would be an exceptional read! Congratulations :)

I knew you would write about something other than quilting one day!!! Wink! Woo hoo! I am happy for you! I have never heard of that magazine will check it out!!!

EagleKnits says

Couldn’t resist — after studying the picture of the table of contents, I’m guessing that you wrote the article Working Treasures, about old sewing machines. :-)

I often pick up Grit, Mother Earth News, Hobby Farms, seasonal gardening magazines – whatever catches my eye. I am interested in so many “farm” type subjects. Congratulations on being published in a new venue! Cheers! Evelyn

SarahB says

I am with Evelyn, whenever I am in Tractor Supply I pick up the newest ones that look interesting to me. Funny coincidence is that I have the newest Grit (which I read last night!) and I saw the ad for Cappers and was seriously considering ordering it… just because it talked about Spring!! I am SO over the winter in Ohio (not that it’s been bad but it’s always so gray.) Anyway, I think it must be the article about Sewing and Knitting projects, or one of the soup recipes… either way I am going to have to order a copy now :o)

Melanie says

I wonder if that is a spin off of Cappers’ Weekly. I remember reading that when I was much younger. It was printed on newsprint and had a similar feel to the articles. I had forgotten Grit, too. I think they were connected somehow. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

The Grit is still published? My grandpa, a farmer, always go “the Grit,” as he called it. What’s your article about?

Ruth C says

My Mom and grandparents always had Capper’s Weekly, and it was one of the few magazines that I could find something interesting to me as a kid. I’m glad they’re still out there!

Trudie says

my mom subscribes to a Capper’s Weekly and has for 60+years. I wonder if this is their new format?

Linda says

Congratulations! Is your article the one about how to crochet a shawl? The magazine looks very interesting!

carol c says

thanks Judy, signed up for a subscription, we already read The Grit, wish it was like it was 50 yrs ago though-lol.
    Have the latest issue right here to make garden raised, have 100 onion sets to try again and how to stop the 2 white cotton tails in the area.