Quiltmaker 100 Blocks Issues

Do you have all the 100 Block Issues by Quiltmaker? There are 6 issues so far and of course, there are more coming.  I absolutely love these issues. Shown below is Volume 5.

Quiltmaker 100 Blocks

In each issue, there are some applique, some paper pieced, some traditional pieced blocks — something for everyone.  With each new issue, I look at those applique blocks and I tell myself I am going to learn to applique . . some day when I have more time!  :)

I’m happy to say that Volume 7 will be on sale on May 7, 2013 and I will have a block in there.

Quiltmaker also publishes “Quilts from Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks”.    These publications include settings that are not your normal, every day settings, using some of the blocks from the 100 Blocks issues.  I am happy to say that a quilt from one of my blocks will be included in the next issue of Quilts from Quiltmaker’s 100 Blocks.

Quilts from 100 Blocks

I guess you could say I’m just “happy, happy, happy” to quote Phil from Duck Dynasty.  Thank you so much, Quiltmaker, for these wonderful, useful issues and thank you for allowing me to be a part of them.

As it gets closer to time for Volume 7 of the 100 Blocks issue, there will be blog tours and more info posted here and I will let you know when the Quilts from 100 Blocks issue is on sale too.

Comments

• 2.1

That’s the only thing I’m going to miss about not having satellite. We’ll get the whole series as soon as it becomes available to buy but I’ll miss out on my Wednesday night entertainment unless we can stream it.

Can’t wait for that issue #7. These are wonderful magazines and you are so right that there is something for everyone. Congratulations on having a block published.

Laurel from Iowa says

I swear that you get more done in a day than I do in a month! Wish Imhad your,energy and enthusiasm. Well done and congrats in being featured in the new magazine!

• 4.1

Laurel, it just seems that way because I document so much of what I’m doing. If you kept track of everything you do, you’d be surprised.

Judy your enthusiasm is so exciting to hear .. it is to
    bad more do not have your zest for life , living and doing
    You have a right to be Happy happy happy..

• 5.1

I also wish more people enjoyed every minute of every day. Life is too short as it is and I try to enjoy as much as I can. Sometimes finding joy in the small, every day tasks and chores is what makes a difference.

Oh, Judy, how wonderful for you. I had a surprise, I treated myself to the current “Quoltmaker” magazine because of the ladybug pattern ( my daughter ‘s nickname is Ladybug) and before I got to the pattern, there you were right near the front. You go girl, you’re everywhere!

pdudgeon says

so glad to know there’s another issue comming out soon, and that you’ll remind us again closer to the pub date. I’ve been collecting these magazines, and find them to be a great resource for quilters of all levels. Well done to the publishers for producing a great product !

terri says

The other day I picked up the reprint of volume 1, and when I came out of Hastin’s my husband said I was grinning like the cat that ate canary so he knew I had found what I gone in for.

I loved working with the QM group as a tester on Volume 5-6. I chose not to ‘test on volume 7. Congrats on having a Block in there again. YES, I have them all and will be doing the Blog Tour to WIN a Copy of the Vol 7. Thanks for the heads up.

Karen from Oz says

Hi Judy,

Every time you mention quiltmaker mag I look for it here in Australia but can never find them. Do you know if they’re also published outside the US? Would love to get mt hands on them all :)

Helen M Poole says

With this news guess I better renew my subscription .. I just let my Quilt and Quiltmaker magazines run out.. I have so many quilt books that I thought I would take a rest but your news is too good! Thanks for telling us about your good news!!
    Helen

I think I have two issues … somewhere. =) One has a friend’s block, and the other one was just to check it out. I always forget to pick up the new ones, though.

Trish says

May I ask, which do you all prefer. The Paper magazine or the digital? I am considering ording back issues and wonder what others think. Thank you :)