As of the writing of this post, there are 32 folks, including myself, who have listed their UFOs. There’s still time to join in if anyone else is interested.
Now that they’re listed, do you have a plan for how to get them from the UFO List to the Completed List? Thoughts have been running through my head all day.
- Finish two UFOs before starting a new project
- Work on one thing . . start to finish . . don’t put it away til it’s done.
I don’t have an answer. The one thing I know for sure is that quilting is my hobby . . not my job. I want to enjoy it. If ever it gets to be no fun, that’s when I’ll walk away from lots of UFOs and lots of unused fabric. I’ve been thinking of the aspects of quilting that I love the most and for me, this is the order:
- Putting together blocks in EQ to come up with the design.
- Pulling the fabric that makes the design shine.
- Making a few blocks to see how it’s going to look . . if it’s going to look like I think it will.
That’s where the real fun ends. Then I’m ready to design something else, pull more fabric, make a few blocks and the cycle continues.
All I need is a little self-discipline. To say I’m not going to start a new project til two UFOs are finished is setting myself up for failure. I’m going to try to do better but I’m still going to do fun. When it gets to be torture . . well, I’m stopping before it gets to that point.
Do you have a plan for finishing up some of your UFOs? Care to share it . . either in a comment or a link to your blog post?