A Little Visitor

We’re soon going to have a little visitor, along with her mom and dad.  I’m betting you all know who I’m talking about!

Vince was asking at work if anyone had a portable crib we could borrow and one guy said he had one that had only been used a couple of times and he was happy to give it to us.

Porta-Crib

I ordered a thicker mattress for it. They’re making a few stops along the way so Nicole said she might bring their Porta-Crib if they have room but she won’t be bringing the thicker mattress so we may not even use this one but we will need the mattress.

And, a little girl must have toys and books for while she is at granny’s house!

Toys for Addie

A few toys, a few books, some clothes . . lots of hugs and kisses . . cannot wait to see them!

Comments

Bubbles? Pool? You are going to have so much fun!

I am SOOO excited for you! I don’t know who is going to have more fun – you or Addie! Oh heck! There’s enough to go around! Might have to share with Vince though. :) I loved the little painted toes photo you shared the other day – that was just the cutest thing. Oh my goodness, I have tears in my eyes because I’m so excited for you. LOL

Diana in RR, TX says:

And wait ”till she sees the chickens! You know she will want to make friends with them!

How exciting to have a little one around and it looks like you’ll have things well in hand. I know you’ll have a great visit!!

Rosalie says:

What memories you will be making! Can’t wait to hear how she loves the garden and the chickens! Maybe she can catch some grasshoppers for you!

Where’s the duck call grannie??

I’ll be you can hardly contain yourself!

Pat McGuire says:

Aren’t you having fun! I’m so happy for you.

I’m so excited for you. Enjoy your visit.

Gee, I thought “I” was the only one who doesn’t spoil my Grandbaby….. ;)

You are going to have so much fun! I hope you’ll be taking lots of pictures and sharing with us :) we enjoy you and your family and your activities.

Judy
    I am excited for u. Grand bebes r so very special!!! Enjoy her and chad and Nicole

I know you will cherish this time. It’s such a blessing to get a second chance. When I was a parent, I was so caught up in working, taking care of kids and housework. Now, I’m older and wiser and content to let everything else go by the wayside while I play with grandbabies. My son, who is now grown and on his own walked in the house a few days ago while I was rocking a baby and began to recite this: Quiet down cobwebs
    Dust go to sleep
    I’m rocking my babies
    and babies don’t keep.
    I was surprised he would remember it. It was a poem that I cross-stitched 20+ years ago and it hung in my laundry room. It’s amazing how our children pick up things we didn’t even know they see.

Donna Williams says:

Well, I CERTAINLY do not spoil mine. Oh wait. I do. We have 3 granddaughters (ages 1 thru 6), 1 grandson (3), and 1 grandson on the way, due in October. We are going on a visit with them in a couple weeks, and I have made hats for the upcoming baby, receiving blankets, and 15 dresses. (5 each – that’s not too much , is it?) HA! So I understand completely and wish you a wonderful visit with lots of joyful moments. :)

Great toys! How fun for you! Seeing them reminded me of a fun story. The neighbors across from me had grandchildren when I had a son in high school. The neighbor, Joyce came over one day, bringing her grandson and the first thing Cody said to me was “Toys in the closet?” He was about three. That is where his grandma kept his toys so he thought that is where they should be at my house too!

Dorothy says:

Ahhh… you got her Charlie the ranch dog books..by Ree Drummond…they are so cute! Have fun, they grow too quickly, mine just graduated from high school!

This post simply made me smile.

AngieG9 says:

As usual, I got my big laugh in when I saw the picture with all the toys. I used to have a huge box of toys in my closet, but one by one they would go home with one grandchild after another, until finally they were all gone. The kids were all grown by then, except Andrew, but when they come in now we visit my mom, and she has a box in her closet that I took over when my box was too full. The kids grow too fast though. Enjoy Addy while you can. All too soon they all outgrow the toys, and start looking for the boys next door. Have a great time and send pictures.

Nope. That girl will not be spoiled by her grandma (or grandpa, for that matter)! You are going to have a wonderful time.

Eileen Eisner says:

I can’t wait for you!!!

A grandparents’ job is to spoil them and send them home! Just ask any of our four and they will quote that!!

EEEEEEEEEEEK!!! SO very excited for you – I know you’re just over the moon! We have a granddaughter visiting for the month of July and we just LOVE having her here. <3 Have fun!

Spoil em right !! LOL Hey !! I did it with my grands; and loved every minute of it. Oh wait come to think they are still spoiled everytime they comve over or we go to their house !LOL Ahh… the joy of grandchildren !!

Can never have too many books!

Sandy G says:

So nice to see that you have included Goodnight, Moon. Such a wonderful children’s classic, and a favourite of many adults also. I still recite bits of it sometimes as I snuggle down to sleep.