On the Needles – January 10, 2014

This has been one busy knitting week.  All the while our company was here, I was knitting . . knitting . . knitting.  With two sweaters in the works and The Loopy Ewe challenge, all of which I want to finish by the end of January, there’s not time for much besides knitting. All the week’s worth was done on Brier Island. It’s going to be such a neat sweater. Once the pattern is available, I’ll post the link here.  The yarn is Miss Babs Heartland Worsted. The color is cloak and as always, since my photos are taken late on Thursday night, the color is way off.

Brier Island

Brier Island

What you see hanging down . . the flap, of sorts, is a pocket that will be knitted in at the bottom and you can put your hands through it .. kinda like on some sweatshirts. There’s also a collar that will be added and the sleeves will be long. I love the pattern and love the fit of this sweater.  Maybe I should stop after this one. Two out of two fit and I like them . . that’s good!

Comments

Erin says

Nice color ~ yarn is pretty! Judy! I am too afraid to start a sweater! It’s on my bucket list though.

This sweater is coming along great! I, too, am not ready for a sweater. So afraid it won’t fit, but as others have said… tear it out and start over. Yarn is forgiving. Looking forward to seeing the final product.

Brier Island is looking great. That’s an interesting way to knit the pouch pocket. I’m sure you’ll get everything done with time to spare. Look forward to seeing this finished.

Sharon in Michigan says

I can’t wait to see the finished project. The pocket sounds great. I don’t have a blog so I can’t post – I have a cowl on the needles.

That sweater pattern sounds so complicated. I don’t think I could do it. You are so good at trying new patterns and making them work.

Mel Meister says

I started a 30 day sweater back in October for my husband. Needless to say, it’s January and the sweater won’t be done in 30 days! LOL!

It’s going to be a hoodie and I really need to do a pocket like that as well, but I have no pattern as the 30 day sweater challenge doesn’t really provide one. I am curious how many stitches you used to make the pocket.