Please remember that you can do a knitting report on your blog or you can leave your report in the comments. If you have your pictures posted on a photo hosting site (or anywhere that you can provide a link) and need to include a link, don’t panic when the comment shows “held for moderation”. I’ll get it approved as soon as I see it. Also, your report can include anything knitting you’d like to include — even questions which I will answer or anyone else can feel free to jump in and answer. Also, you can copy my format if you’d like or do your own . . just do whatever the heck makes you happy! Thanks for joining us.
Patterns I Added:
- Pandamonium – My intent is to use smaller needles and otherwise follow the pattern and make this for Addie. We’ll see. The worst thing that can happen is it’s too big and will fit her in a year or so.
- Evenly Uneven – I’m sure I can come up with stash yarn for this. It looks interesting to make and fun to wear.
- Kid Ewe Knot – Cannot wait to get started on this for Addie. It should be very quick since it’s worsted weight yarn.
- Are Ewe Knitting Me – Just in case I decide to make a sheep sweater for myself.
- Bobble Cowl – If it’s a Joji pattern, it has to be good!
It’s obvious, at least to me, that I don’t have enough years left on Earth to knit everything I would like to knit.
Above is the fabric for my What the Fade? (which you’ve already seen) mystery which starts August 31. The yarns are all Madelinetosh Twist Light, from top to bottom:
- Favorite Pair
- Conference Call
In a separate order, I ordered Madelinetosh Twist Light in Augustus Gloop and Liquid Gold. No reason other than Augustus Gloop is a special color for ESK and I love the green; Liquid Gold is such a great color and goes with so many other colors. I had one skein in Tosh Merino Light and Nicole chose that for her shawl so I have none of it in my stash, and that makes me sad. Once it arrives, I’ll be happy again. That was easy!
For Addie’s sheep sweater (Kid Ewe Not mentioned above), I ordered Madelinetosh Vintage in the following colors:
- Holi Festival
Let’s pretend no one notices that I’ve done more shopping than knitting this week!
Yarn That Arrived:
Six skeins of Madelinetosh Twist Light in Yoko arrived. This is for Pavement.
One skein of Madelinetosh Twist Light in Odyssey . . because it looks so good with Yoko and I know I’m going to have at least one skein of Yoko leftover after making Pavement.
See how good they look together. Some of the Yoko seems to have very little blue so I’ll hold back the skeins with the most blue and if I don’t need those for the sweater, I’ll come up with a plan for using the Yoko and Odyssey together.
Projects I Worked On:
I made very good progress on Drachenfels. I may actually finish it by the end of the weekend. This photo is how much I had done when I showed it on Monday or Tuesday.
This is how much I have done now.
Just a couple of rows were done on Reciprocate. I would love to have it finished and blocked to take to my knitting group next week. Darn . . I need more hours in my day! This one is kinda hard to see because the needle cables are too short and it’s all bunched up. I think there are over 700 stitches at this point.
Progress on Knitting Plans for this Past Week:
- I would love to finish Drachenfels by Friday’s report. I came close but didn’t quite make it.
- I would love to finish Reciprocate. I only have about 10 rows of solid knitting and then the bind off so it’s possible I could at least make some good progress on it by Friday. It was 14 rows plus binding. I got a few rows done but not much.
- I would like to make some amount of progress on any pair of socks that’s been sitting around for too long. Knitted a few rows but not “good progress”. I’m actually looking for a pair of socks I wanted to finish but in my “cleaning” before Chad and Nicole got here, I can’t find where I put them.
Knitting Plans for this Week:
- Finish Drachenfels.
- Finish Reciprocate.
- Start Veronika.
- Get at least 5 rows done on Stained Glass Cowl.
Please share your knitting report with us!