Last night I started working on the Pandamonium hat. My plan was to have it started and work on it when my hands were hurting from using the small needles for the shawls I’m working on.
I told myself if I could get the ribbing done, then I’d have the rest of it to work on during breaks from the shawl. Once the ribbing was done, I said . . let me just start the color work. I’m not very good at colorwork and I know I just need to practice more but . . this pattern has three colors going on across some of the sections and that was pretty frustrating for me so I decided I’d go ahead and get through that. Once that was done, I figured . . what the heck! I have the hardest part done.
At 3:30 this morning, I finished weaving in the ends and then told myself if I soaked it and blocked it, maybe it would be dry by morning. It wasn’t dry when I got up but that was only about 2 hours after I had put it out to dry. I did make the pom pom and attached it and will let it finish drying.
It will eventually go to Addie but I believe it’s a little big for her now so I will probably put it in the container with the things she will get for winter after next.
Glad to have it done. I’ll stick with two color stranding for a long time before I try three colors again.