Ahh . . Friday, the 13th. Anyone superstitious? Just to be safe, I think I’ll spend the day knitting . . probably on Apparition by Boo Knits! 🙂
- Morning Star Lace Shawl – Another Anna Victoria pattern. I’m truly losing sleep over these patterns.
- To the Heart of the Mountain – Another . . dare I say . . Anna Victoria pattern.
- Fugue in Mosaic Minor – I love the lacy border. I can see this being done in school colors . . unless your school colors are orange and black like mine were.
Not a lot of yarn arrived. I’m feeling like I have a good selection of silk yarns or silk blends so I can happily knit away on the lacy shawls I’ve fallen in love with.
These yarns, all lace weight, left to right:
The three on the left are all from Solstice Yarns.
- Far left: Leah, 50% silk/50% cotton. 875 yards per skein. The color is Starship
- Second from left: Sea Angel Lace, 70% silk/30% seacell. Also 875 yards per skein. The color is One Love.
- Third from the left: Banshee Lace, is 100% tussah silk. It’s 765 yards per skein. The color is Falling Gently.
The four yarns on the right are all Dye for Yarn, 100% tussah silk, 760 yards per skein.
- Left to right (beginning with the fourth one from the left):
- Too Much Caramel Cake
- Chocolate Cosmos Ceasing To Be
- Bleached Dead Rosewood
- Army of the Dead
Going down this new road . . the lace and beads road . . it’s kinda like completely starting a new hobby. I needed lace weight yarn. I needed beads. I needed tools to attach the beads. I needed a new iPad but you can’t really blame that one the lace knitting.
Speaking of the iPad . . my old eyes are thanking Vince for getting the big one instead of the mini. It is much brighter and clear. I guess everything gets better with each new model, along with the added screen size . . the vision part makes it worth putting up with the bigger size . . I guess. The bigger one does not sit on the arm of my chair like the mini does. There’s good and bad but in the end . . I have it and hopefully it will last me a lot of years.
Projects I Worked On:
There and Back is finished! It is still sitting on the dress form in the living room and I keep admiring it. I love it so much.
I started Shieldmaiden, also by Anna Victoria. I struggled with a bead color, and that’s something I may always struggle with. I don’t mean struggling as in losing sleep but I love picking out beads. There are so many that are perfect and it’s fun watching the beads bring life to the shawl.
For this one, I wanted the beads not to stand out so much but just to add some sparkle and I think that’s what I’m getting. I truly cannot stop knitting on these patterns.
One last shawl . . I’m trying to stay caught up on Boo Knit’s Apparition Mystery KAL. You know I’m terrible about staying up to date. I’m about halfway through Clue #3. I should be able to finish it before lunch today. Clue #4 should have come out this morning. I haven’t even checked. The 5th and final clue will be out Monday so this should be fairly quick to finish up but . . it calls for over 800 beads and so far, I’ve only used less than a dozen beads so I have a heck of a lot of beads left to add.
Please don’t judge it by the photo! The yarn is actually a very pretty shade of light pink . . not the salmon color it appears in my late night photo.
Knitting Plans for this Week:
- The yarn will arrive today for the second test knit I committed to doing so I need to put everything else aside and get that done.
- I want to get one more hat made for my aunt and get several hats and some fingerless mitts sent off to her.
- Any extra knitting time this week will be spent knitting on either Apparition or Shieldmaiden.