I’ve been trying to organize my stash, which may be something that just cannot be accomplished. I will be happy if I can:
- Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light – get it all together in one or two tubs
- Madelinetosh Twist Light – get it all together in one tub
- Madelinetosh – other than Twist Light and TML – have all the Madelinetosh together
- Sweater Quantities and Project Quantities together
- Miss Babs – get it all organized and put different yarns separately in tubs if there are enough of any one type yarn.
There are lots of yarns that have quite a few skeins but not enough to divide up into their own tubs so I’ll probably end up with a tub for sock yarn, for sport, for DK, for Worsted, etc.
I look around and I wonder . . How did this happen? The funny thing is that I love almost all the yarn. There were several yarns I found that I would love to use right away because I do love them. It’s not like I look at any of it and say “What was I thinking?” . . well maybe one!
I normally only buy Tosh Merino Light for making shawls. It’s a single ply yarn and I’m not crazy about it for much other than shawls. I will usually buy one skein of a color and if I really like it, I’ll buy 8 skeins. Fluoro Rose is a fluorescent pink. It is so “in your face”. I have eight skeins of that! I looked at that and giggled. I must have had a plan!
I also have six skeins of TML in Masala which is a pale yellow. I know why I have six skeins of that one. I needed two skeins and it was a discontinued color. If you order six skeins, Madelinetosh will dye them especially for you so . . I ordered six skeins, no telling how long ago and still haven’t used any of them. Really needed that, didn’t I?
Progress is being made. I think I have four tubs completely separated and organized, with a list made of what’s in each tub. I don’t know how many more tubs I have to go, nor do I want to know.