Finally, last week, we got our first correct electric bill. Remember that we had the panels installed the end of April and then the deregulation took effect on May 1 and somewhere, between the TDO and REP, it was quite an ordeal to get the meter read correctly so that we were given credit for our excess power that went back to the power company.
The bill we got in August had so many charges and credits and charges and credits that we weren’t sure what was happening. I believe they have finally figured it out and this is the amount we owe in September for our August usage.
The bill we got in September, 2012 which was for our August usage, was $274 and the bill we got in September 2013 for our August usage was $239 so I’m real happy that this bill is $62.86.
I had talked so much about the solar panel installation and then the problems with the billing and I wanted to report that all is well and we’re happy with the solar panels!