From time to time, I will share Electric Quilt files which may be downloaded and used as you see fit. I do ask that you not make patterns to sell from any of my designs and I would appreciate a link back to Patchwork Times. You are welcome to resize the blocks, change the borders . . do whatever you like to make a quilt that works for you.
You must have Electric Quilt to open the files. Because the files hopefully will be here for a long time, I will indicate on each file which version of EQ is required to open the file.
When using EQ for my own purposes, I do not mind changing block sizes to get them to work to my advantage. You may see a 13″ block or a 9 patch grid worked into a 10″ block. When you see those sizes, it’s because I was trying to get a border to fit. Borders are often my priority. If you’re opposed to making cuts that are not your normal 1/4″ cuts, re-size the blocks but be aware that border issues may arise.
When a top is set on point, there likely will be a second layout with no actual blocks or fabrics shown. This is simply to get the borders to sizes that I like to work with.
If you have trouble opening these files with FireFox or Chrome, please try using Internet Explorer.
Addie’s Big Girl Quilt finishes at approximately 85″ x 102″. Feel free to resize according to your own needs. For the pieced border, please do not follow the drawing as I have it saved but instead, refer to this blog post. Once my top is finished, I’ll add a link here to the photo of the finished quilt.
Big & Bright
This quilt, as drawn, finishes at 82″ x 98″. Please see this blog post for a discussion about piecing the border without so many seams. To see the top I made, please see this blog post. To get the pattern for the blocks, which was written before I decided to add a pieced border, go here.
Nicole’s New Beginnings
Finishes at about 103″ x 103″. The blog post discussing the quilt is here.
Through the Grapevine
Finishes at 63″ x 81″ but can easily be made larger.
This quilt was made for a friend undergoing treatment for cancer. The blog post showing the completed quilt is here.