I’m already in the sewing room this morning. The plan is to bind a quilt that might end up being a gift so I need to get busy! My design wall hasn’t changed from last week though.
This morning was the first morning since Monday that I’ve felt halfway good. About all that’s left of the issue from last week is stuffy nose and I can surely live with that til it’s gone.
All weekend last weekend, I had planned to clean out the worm boxes and never got around to it so the first thing on my agenda for this afternoon was getting that done.
Between using the big old metal colander and this plastic spoon with the holes, I think I’ve removed most of the dead beetles. The worms are the larvae and they turn into the pupae and that turns into the beetle which lays eggs and then dies and the eggs hatch into larvae and the cycle continues.
Most of the dead beetles and casting were sifted out and the worms were placed back in their box with fresh “bedding”, which is chicken starter feed and wheat bran.
A cup or so of the worms were used as treats for the chickens.
Glad that project is done . . the meal worms have clean homes, fresh food and they should be happy for a while . . except for the ones that are now in the chicken bellies!
Nothing used and nothing added. I did work up a rough drawing for a knitting bag I want to make . . whether I will make it or not is anyone’s guess!
Used this Week: 0 yards
Used year to Date: 56 yards
Added this Week: 0 yards
Added Year to Date: 0 yards
Net: 56 yards used