This quilt kicked my butt! It isn’t hard (nor is it finished!) but I just couldn’t get it right. Ever do that? I started working on this quilt back in August, 07. I posted about it here. Then I stuck it in a drawer and went on to another project. Now it needs to be finished. I have a deadline — Wednesday! Yesterday I pulled it out of the drawer very thankful to have so much done because now it’s going to be a wall hanging and not a full size quilt.
Here’s what I did with what I already had. There are borders still to add.
Not sure what you can tell in the picture but I didn’t like the way the seams showed. The light background fabric was almost a solid and I wanted the seams to not show once it was quilted and I think they will show. And, I have it pieced with five individual blocks with sashing so there are lots of pieces and seams.
I began pulling more fabric to start over. Here’s what I came up with.
Pull more fabric. This is the same tan and lime fabrics as in the first version but the light background and red are a bit different. I also totally re-designed the way the quilt is pieced so there aren’t so many chopped up pieces. I think the new light background will not show the seams much once it’s quilted but first . . there are borders to be made but not tonight.