After a whole week of no sewing, no motivation, no “get up and go”, I decided I need to take this bull by the horns and motivate myself to get some serious sewing done. When my sewing room is a total disaster, it isn’t fun for me to go down and start sewing. My sewing room is worse than a total disaster right now. I’ve neglected sewing in order to get work done on my web page, move the blog over here to WordPress, get patterns written and printed, knit, . . lots of distractions but I’m the only one who can make the decision and stick with it to get myself back on track.
I was thinking a Quiltathon might be fun. Maybe make it a monthly event, maybe the first Saturday of each month. The first Quiltathon will be Saturday, March 1. Before anyone starts moaning, let me put forth some of my thoughts, and I’m open to discussion/suggestions.
- The whole purpose is to motivate each other and maybe get a little friendly competition going.
- Not everyone will be available on Saturday but I figured for those who work or those who have small children at home and need help from your husband, Saturday will be the best day.
- Depending on your location, “Saturday” will be different for you so you can either “quiltathon” on your Saturday or when we do ours.
- Maybe every 3rd or 4th month, we’ll do it on a weekday and see how that goes. Maybe if there’s enough interest, we’ll eventually have a weekday Quiltathon and a weekend Quiltathon.
- Not everyone will be able to sew the entire day and half the night – that’s ok — sew as much as you can.
- Some will get a ton done, some will get just a little done – that’s ok too.
- Projects can be anything quilt related that you want — piecing, quilting, binding, dying . . whatever suits you.
- You do not have to have a blog to participate but if you will figure out how to leave comments on my blog, that will help me to know how much interest is shown.
- There will be no prizes for now — maybe later but not at this time.
- Details of how it all will work (or how I anticipate it will work) will be forthcoming when I see how much interest there is.
If you’re interested in participating in an online Quiltathon, would you leave me a comment or send me an e-mail (click on the link underneath my signature).