Remember I showed one block I had made on Saturday afternoon? I got all the blocks finished Saturday night and Sunday. Even though the blocks are all done, I’ll have to put them away and save the rest of this project for another day.
I had been wanting to make this quilt totally scrappy. Being totally scrappy doesn’t come easy for me. Even though I started out wanting it to be all scrappy, I kept trying to convince myself to make the chain blocks all red, using all different reds. That would still be scrappy but planned. Nope. Wanted it to be all scrappy. Then I decided to maybe make the chain blocks using all blacks. Nope . . not gonna do that either.
I did it! I made it totally scrappy. Just used whichever square I picked up.
Since the blocks were made from scraps of recent quilts, it’s almost totally brights and I love it!
When I’m working on a quilt and a cut a strip, then cut the squares but there’s more strip left over, I cut it up into squares and put them all in the appropriate storage container. Here’s my 3-1/2″ container on the left, the 2″ container and the 3-1/2 Tri-Recs container. These are after I had finished the blocks so you can guess how many more squares/triangles there were before I started. Didn’t make much of a dent.