Vince has a birthday in a few days. Goodness, that man is getting old! I need for my blog readers to help me find a cake recipe for Vince’s birthday cake. Are you sitting there saying why should we help YOU? Well . . here’s why!
There’s a prize for the winning entry! Above you’ll see the stats from my blog. Views have been hovering around 3,000 . . sometimes 3,500 on days when the BOM came out. I happened to look at the stats recently and the numbers were WAY up! Must be that new fan club I seem to have attacted (NOT!). The views for Sunday (today, March 1) were 5,909. According to WordPress, the day ends at 6 p.m. central time. That’s weird, huh?
Anyway . . THANKS readers!! You are the best! You support me when I need support, you trust me when I say “hey, let’s do a BOM” or “let’s use the stash”. That means a lot to me and I’ve been thinking all day of some kind of contest to have to thank you all.
So, find me a cake recipe to make for Vince’s birthday and the lucky winner is going to get a gift certificate to The Fat Quarter Shop for $59.09 (because of the 5,909 views today). I was going to talk to Kimberly at The Fat Quarter Shop before doing this but at the rate you’re going, that gift certificate might cost me $70 if I wait til tomorrow! 🙂 I’m not complaining about the views but . . $70 . . I might complain about that.
Here’s what you need to know to win:
- I get to make the decision . . just me! No input from anyone else and my decision is final. Doesn’t sound very democratic, does it? Just humor me . . I don’t get to make many decisions around here! 🙂
- You can email me a recipe and then put a comment here that you’ve emailed the recipe. Please don’t type a recipe in the comments! But you do have to comment here in order to be considered.
- You can paste a link to a recipe in your comment.
- About the cake . . not too hard. A baker I am not! Probably not chocolate but maybe (I don’t like chocolate and no, it isn’t MY birthday but if I’m going to make the darned thing, I want to like it!).
- Nothing fancy . . I don’t know how to decorate a cake . . I want it to taste good . . not good but GREAT! Vince deserves it! Sitting in the recliner as much as he does has to be hard work! 🙂 (I’m joking . . kinda)
- I don’t care if it’s one layer, two layers and could probably go three layers if . . if it looks really, really yummy.
- Don’t forget I live in a very, very small town and if there’s anything “weird” in the cake, I can’t make it because I can’t get the ingredients here.
OK .. send those recipes. Deadline for posting is Wednesday, March 5. I’ll make a decision by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 6.