Last night when I finished the Texas quilt, I was so excited to get to start my March Color Palette Challenge this morning. When I got to the sewing room a little after noon, I started picking up the leftover pieces from the Texas quilt and was going to pack it all away so I could make Vince’s quilt later. Then I thought . . why not just do it while I have everything out and the measurements are fresh on my mind. For the first Texas quilt, I had planned to set it 5 blocks across with 6 rows up and down so that would have been 30 blocks. When I decided to set it 4 x 5, I only needed 20 blocks but I had most of the segments done for the extra 10 blocks. That meant I only needed to make segments for 10 more blocks and then assemble all the blocks. I could do it! And, I did it!
The corner blocks are made for the wide border. I think I can get this top assembled completely tomorrow and then maybe on Tuesday get started on my Color Palette Challenge top.