This recipe could make those who think they don’t like brussels sprouts change their mind.
Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries
1 pound brussels sprouts, stem end removed and cut in half
1 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
4 shallots, sliced
1/4 c. olive oil
2 T. balsamic vinegar
1 T. maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Toss brussels sprouts with 2 T. olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread brussels sprouts over parchment paper.
- Roast for 10 to 15 minutes, until the brussels sprouts are tender.
- In a skillet, add remaining olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the cranberries and shallots. Stir til the cranberries are hot.
- Add the balsamic and maple syrup. Once it’s warm, add the brussels sprouts.
- Simmer until the liquid is syrupy and everything is thoroughly heated.