Deciding on my July Camp Loopy project was painful. The only thing I knew for sure was that I had to use at least 1,000 yards.
First off, I decided I couldn’t make Autumn Palette because the only long color change yarn The Loopy Ewe carries is Cannon Hand Dyes and the color changes are too long. Ruled that out.
Then I went back to Maytham Shawl. I couldn’t decide on a yarn so I ordered enough that surely one combination (light and dark) would work.
I was thinking Celadon for the light and either Kenobi or Fir Wreath for the dark or Antique Lace for the light and Bronze Age for the dark. I’m not sure how Dead Calm ended up in that order. Probably because I was not feeling very calm!
Even though the Maytham pattern calls or 1,200 yards, once I looked at the real pattern, they had only used about 900 yards . . that doesn’t fit the 1,000 minimum requirement.
Plus, after placing that order, I read the requirements and I was supposed to making something challenging . . maybe using a technique I’d never tried before, or a pattern from a designer I’d never used before. Well, that ruled out Maytham.
Then I went to Goldfish Memory. I really want to make that but I couldn’t quite move myself away from white, pink, gray and I hate using the same colors a designer has used.
Next . . Jurata. That’s a pattern that’s been in my library for a while.
I think these two colors will work for Jurata. If not, surely one of the other yarns will work.
Now . . back to working on the June project!