The beads arrived and I still almost had a crisis with this project. The pattern is Soli de Gloria by Anna Victoria and I love her patterns.
I brought beads with me, like I said the other day, and they didn’t work – blended too much. I ordered new beads and they arrived. I chose beads. I finished the pink socks so I was happy to get started on this project.
As soon as I tried to put the first bead on, I realized my beading tool was too big. I can almost always use the 1.3 mm beader with size 6 beads but these have a gold lined center and the lining takes up just enough space that the 1.3 mm beader won’t work. I brought three 1.3 mm beaders and none of them worked. Sometimes one is just a tiny bit smaller or larger than another but none of these were small enough. I had another bead project with me and thankfully, I had a different beader with me. It isn’t my favorite but it’s 1.0 mm and it works.
There are at least seven charts. Each one gets larger and takes longer. Chart #7 has a left, a medium and a right pattern page. I’ve never done that before. As of the above photo, I have done two charts.
The beads are actually showing up just great. I wanted them to give just a little sparkle and not really stand out tremendously and I think they’re going to be just perfect.
This is not a good project for doing with Addie around so I’m going to put this aside and not try to work on it again til Monday. I have no idea what I’m going to dig out of the yarn tub to work on but there are plenty of options!