For starters, let’s just agree that ice cream is not on my diet but please understand that I cannot get rolled ice cream anywhere near my home so sometimes .. you just have to break the rules. Today is that day!
There’s a place way south of town called LouisianaReauxl. For those who are trying to figure it out, in cajun speak “eaux” is the same as a long O. Breaux is Bro. Joe could be spelled Jeaux in cajun, though I’ve never seen that. So “Reauxl” spells “Roll”. OK . . now that we have the diet and the spelling/pronunciation out of the way . . here’s something funny.
I looked at their Facebook page and they have six likes by my friends.
This is 100% a sign that I should go and get ice cream there.
- Nicole Hodge – my daughter-in-law
- Chad Hodge – my son
- Steve N Suzie Bennett – my friends since high school. He’s also the pastor at a huge church here in town.
- Taylor Soileau – my niece’s daughter (her last name is pronounced Swallow).
- Sarah Youngblood Roy – my best friend in the world – since first grade – we spend hours on the phone still.
- Sherry Campbell – my uncle’s stepdaughter.
All good friends and family members! Seriously, how can you come to any conclusion other than . . I must go get ice cream and I probably should do it now! Anyone disagree? I didn’t think so.