Whew! That was a long trip to town. We didn’t go yesterday as planned so it had been nine days since we left the house. I was thrilled but we had a lot of stops!
- Family Dollar – That’s where I get the ingredients to make the hand cream. I’m hoping their brand of baby lotion is more like J&J’s original formula. So I got the Vitamin E cream, their brand of Vaseline, and baby lotion . . enough to make three batches of lotion.
- Pharmacy – A friend works there and she’s doing something for me so I wanted to drop off a check. I’ll write more about that later.
- Texas State Optical – One thing I’m going to miss about Vince working is a new pair of eye glassses every year. I’m so hard on glasses. The other day I stepped on my glasses. I was lucky they didn’t break but they were a bit messed up so I went by TSO. They put new nosepads on them and adjusted them.
- Hobby Lobby – Vince’s idea. I needed a hole puncher . . $2.50. That was all I needed but I did find something else I wanted . . Will write about it in another paragraph.
- Walmart – Groceries.
- Aldi – More groceries. Avocados are 39 cents at Aldi vs. 88 cents and cucumbers were 39 cents vs. 79 cents at Walmart.
At Hobby Lobby, since I didn’t need much so I was wandering around. I found this piece and I love it. It isn’t well made but . . it was $99. It’s just so cute. It would sit right by my chair and I could put stitch markers in a drawer, scissors in a drawer, tape measures in a drawer, nail clippers/files in a drawer, ink pens and little notepads in a drawer. I could fill those 20 drawers in no time.
Of course, my woodworking husband thought it wasn’t built well . . and it isn’t! It’s $99 in the store. He can make one! Yes, I could make lots of things but I don’t . . and he won’t. I told him . . every drawer is a different color paint. By the time you bought 20 colors of paint and hardware, you will have spent $99. Nope . . somewhere, somehow, he’ll find one built better for less.
We’re home! Groceries are put away. I’m knitting the rest of the day . . I hope!