As Vince and I look for a house, the ones that we feel are possibilities get names so when we’re talking about one of them, we’ll know which one it is. So far, we have:
- Mary’s House – this is the house a friend of a friend owns and she wants to sell it. I haven’t seen it and only know what my friend has told me about it and she hasn’t been in it much. It does have an unfinished walkout basement so that gives us lots of options. It’s probably the one closest to where we want to live.
- The A-Frame – it is so NOT an A-frame but something about the roof reminds Vince of an A-frame so that’s the name that stuck.
- The Blue Roof House – I’ve kinda ruled this out because of the garage and even more so because there’s a contingent offer on it now it’s probably out of the running.
- The Divorce House – Sadly, that one is self-explanatory. This one has 25 acres so it’s closer to what we want as far as land but it doesn’t have an attached garage and after living here for 8 years and dealing with feral cats on my car, an attached garage is a priority.
- The Barn – Again, you can guess this is a house in a barn. It looks like a magazine house . . with their stuff. With out stuff, it would probably look like a mess! But, I love it and it’s one of the few that has a gas stove. It also has 30 acres.
- The Strange Critter House – There is the weirdest looking little animal running across the floor in one picture. Vince thinks it’s a cat. I think it’s a dachshund but it kinda looks like a ferret. It’s moving when the picture was taken so it’s blurry but it’s weird looking.
If I had to put them in order of what I would choose, and I’m leaving out Mary’s house because I haven’t even seen pictures of it and it’s in a subdivision, though it’s a neat subdivision and it’s where my friend lives.
- No Trees . . but Vince needs trees. It does have an amazing view of the water and if it matters, which I know it doesn’t, Nicole and Addie want this one. Addie has already picked out her bedroom, which happened to be the master bedroom so we could have an issue there. 🙂 Another potential problem . . I’m not sure if I can have chickens. The realtor is checking on that.
- The Barn – love everything I see about that house and it’s at least 30 miles from town so I wouldn’t be expected to go to town every day.
- The Divorce House – Vince has promised he’ll build an attached garage IF it’s feasible.
- The Strange Critter House – It’s small but it does have a basement. The kitchen may be the deal breaker . . can’t really tell from the pictures. It looks secluded so that might be enough to overcome the small kitchen.
- The Blue Roof House – But, for all practical purposes, it doesn’t have a garage either.
- The A-Frame – It’s an older house, needs updating, but the price is right, but it only has 8 acres so I think we’re probably going to scratch that one from the list before we ever see it.
Here’s part of what makes No Trees the perfect house for me:
Nothing to write home about. It’s a glass top stove. There is a basement under the kitchen and it does have a drop ceiling so getting a gas line to the stove shouldn’t be terribly difficult. The oven has the two sections.
But, it gets better!
There’s another stove/oven . . in the same kitchen! Many people would look at that and say “WHY?” I’m looking at it and saying “I love whoever it was that put two stoves in one kitchen!
There’s a whole lot more I like about this house but besides having few trees, and it does have a few, it may be just a bit difficult to get to. I think there are some dirt roads between town and this house. But I still like it best!