As promised, here’s the menu plan for next week. Monday – Saturday.
It’s hot and we have some activities going on here that may mean the electricity will be off and on a few times on at least one day so I’ve planned cool, easy to fix and easy to clean up after meals. I have no idea what day it will be and may not know til they come knock on my door and tell me the power is going off, so I’m going to plan meals for each day that we can fix even if the power is off. Even without electricity, my stovetop still works and I have the solar oven.
Except for one day, it’s pretty much an entire week of lettuce wraps. I don’t know why we don’t eat more lettuce wraps. This time of year, it’s so nice to have a meal that’s cool and crisp and fairly light (and doesn’t make a huge mess).
Monday – Leftover Chicken/Cauliflower Cheese casserole from Friday. Leftover black eyed peas from Friday, pickled carrots.
Tuesday – Caesar Egg Salad Lettuce Wrap
- The only cooking that has to be done is boiling the eggs so I’ll do them Monday evening.
Wednesday – California Turkey & Bacon Lettuce Wrap.
- Instead of buying deli sliced turkey, I roasted a turkey breast over the weekend and sliced the leftovers.
Thursday – PF Chang’s Copycat Lettuce Wraps
- I’ll probably add a few chopped peanuts.
Friday – Chicken Caesar Wrap
- The chicken breast and bacon are cooked on top of the stove and I can do that even if the power is off. I’ll make the “croutons” early in the day.
Saturday – Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- I’ll cut way back on the hoisin sauce to make it fewer carbs, and add chopped peanuts.
As always, I’ll share my thoughts after each meal.