The front and back of the sweater were dry yesterday so last night, I seamed the shoulders. In all my sweater making, I have never had to seam anything that I can recall. The sweaters I make are all one piece, started either from the top or bottom, at some point the sleeves are split off onto waste yarn, then I come back and pick those up and finish knitting the sleeves.
Some people, probably most all experts, say that the seamed sweaters have more “structure”, which means less sagging, and you know that, according to Vince, this sweater already has an issue with sagging!
I had to watch a video on how to do the blanket stitch but I got it done. It was pretty amazing how easy it was and how nice it looked. I still have to do the sleeves, and side seams all the way from the bottom of the ribbing to the ribbing on the sleeves so maybe I shouldn’t be saying how nice it looks yet.
The sleeves are now dry. Last night I also got the ear and horn knitted, soaked and blocked.
Tonight, maybe I’ll start decorating. It needs baubles for a “necklace”, the ear and horn attached, the eye embroidered and the mane . . which is basically fringe.
There’s a good chance none of that will happen tonight. I’ve felt bad all day. Fixed breakfast then went back to bed. Went to town with Vince, then took a nap. Got up and got squash out of the freeze dryer, waiting for it to finish defrosting so I can put jackfruit in and then I may go back to bed for good.